Saturday, October 07, 2006

Optimism Quotes

It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
-Confucius

Throw back the shoulders, let the heart sing, let the eyes flash, let the mind be lifted up, look upward and say to yourself... nothing is impossible!
-Norman Vincent Peale

If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.
-Norman Vincent Peale

It doesn't matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it's important to realize that whatever you're doing, it's you first attempt at it.
-Wally Amos

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
-Seneca


To move forward today, you must learn to say good-bye to yesterday's hurts, tragedies and baggage.
You can't build a monument to past problems and fail forward.
-John Maxwell

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world
-Helen Keller

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
-Elbert Hubbard

Positive thinking is the key to success in business, education, pro football, anything that you can mention. I go out there thinking that I'm going to complete every pass.
-Ron Jaworski

What seems impossible one minute becomes, through faith, possible the next.
-Norman Vincent Peale

We turn not older with years but newer every day.
-Emily Dickenson

If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you.
-Calvin Coolidge

If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you.
-Calvin Coolidge

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake.
-George Bernard Shaw

If you can imagine it you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.
-William Arthur Ward

If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
-Muhammed Ali

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
-Chinese Proverb

I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.
-Rabindranath Tagore

I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams.
-Dr. Jonas Salk

I have made it a rule of my life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy... you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
-Katherine Mansfield

I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.
-Charlotte Bronte

No comments: